Check out the resources below for more information on the health impact of sugary drinks and sugary drink taxes.
- Risk of Diabetes Doubles as Disease Rises Sharply in U.S.
- More Than 1/3 of Kids Born in 2000 Will Be Diagnosed with Type 2 Diabetes
- Burden of Diabetes in California
- Prediabetes in California: Nearly Half of Adults on Path to Diabetes
- Diabetes Driving Health Care Costs
Science of Sugary Drinks
- Synopses of "Liquid Sugar" Studies
- Fact Sheets on Sugary Beverages
- Harvard: Sugary Drinks and Obesity Fact Sheets
- Center for Science in the Public Interest: Liquid Candy
Big Soda's Advertising Targets Communities of Color & Children
- Sugary Drink F.A.C.T.S.
- Digital Ads: Exposing How Marketers Target Youth
- Brief on Target Marketing Soda
Impact on Youth
- Youth Speaks: The Bigger Picture (Videos By Youth About Diabetes)
- California Adolescents Drinking More Soda
Big Soda's Bad Behavior
- Behind the Scenes: Big Beverage (video)
- Soda Industry Spending Against Public Health Tops $100 Million
- Pacific Standard "How the Sugar Industry Gums Up Science"
- Hiding Under a Health Halo: Examining the Data Behind Health Claims on Sugary Beverages
- Soda Tax Myths
Soda Tax Research
- Public Opinion on Nutrition-Related Policies to Combat Childhood Obesity
- How Many Lives Could A Soda Tax Save?
- Berkeley Evaluation of Soda Tax Study Preliminary Findings
- Beverage purchases from stores in Mexico under the excise tax on sugar sweetened beverages: observational study
- Yale Rudd Center for Food Policy & Obesity: Sugar-Sweetened Beverages/Taxes
- Fact Sheets on Sugary Drink Taxes
- Kick the Can: Giving the Boot to Sugary Drinks
- ChangeLab Solutions: Sugar-Sweetened Beverage Regulation
- Soda Tax Myths
- Bay Area soda tax debates: Media analysis and lessons for advocates