UPDATE: We've extended our deadline for submissions to Friday, September 19th, 5:00 pm
WE NEED YOUR VISUAL IMAGES to represent our campaign! Send us your SIMPLE, POWERFUL, and EFFECTIVE images to get our message out and get people to vote yes on Measure D in November. Your work will appear on posters, mailings, social media, and other campaign materials in Berkeley and beyond!
Here’s the message we want to convey:
SUPPORT THE SODA TAX ON THIS NOVEMBER’S BALLOT. The link between sugary drinks and diseases like diabetes is undeniable, and the Centers for Disease Control now projects that 1 of every 3 kids will get diabetes in their lifetimes unless we do something about it. The soda industry targets their marketing towards children, and disproportionately, children of color, because Big Soda - like Big Tobacco before it - knows that their future profits rely on it. The tax will be a huge step forward for children's health, and is endorsed by prominent organizations and individuals across Berkeley - the NAACP, Latinos Unidos, the Berkeley Federation of Teachers, Carole Davis Kennerly, Anna Blythe Lappe, Michael Pollan, Alice Waters, and many more. Berkeley will be a leader in taking back the health of the nation from Big Soda when we pass this soda tax this November.
Here are rules and guidelines to get you started:
- Images should be submitted no later than Friday, September 19, 2014, at 5:00 pm.
- Completed and signed release form:
- Please send electronic copies, suitable for an 11 x 17 inch poster, plus the appropriate completed and signed release form to: email@example.com.
POSTER CONTEST RULES AND GUIDELINES:
Eligibility: Anyone is eligible to enter! Spread the word!
Themes: These are the messages that we need to get out. Any one of the themes below should inform your image(s):
- Improving children’s health; healthy kids
- Communities driving social change
- Children’s health vs. industry profits, predatory industry, people over profits
- Submitted images must be created by the submitting artist(s); can be a pre-existing image
- Size: Scaleable to 11 x 17 inches
- Theme: One of the three themes above must be addressed
- Text: “Yes on Measure D”
- Creativity, originality and artistic quality
- Visual Clarity
- Portrait or Landscape Layout
- No copyrighted artwork, characters, or brand names may be used in the poster
- Electronic submissions only
- All submissions must be delivered electronically by Friday, September 19, 5:00 pm, to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Artists can submit multiple entries
- Submissions will be reviewed and selected by members of the Berkeley Healthy Child Committee Executive Committee and Campaign Committee
- BHCC will select at least three (3) images to represent the campaign on posters, mailings, social media and other campaign materials
- Selected images will be announced and posted on Berkeley vs. Big Soda website (www.berkeleyvsbigsoda.com) as submissions arrive.
Information and Release Form:
- Fill out the appropriate Release Form providing contact information and granting BHCC permission to use submitted image(s) for the Berkeley vs. Big Soda campaign.
- Submit with your entry to email@example.com
For further information please contact Marian Mabel (firstname.lastname@example.org)